E1: 49: Mode of Transport (MOT) Preference Resolved After Shipment Consolidation
(Doc ID 2731656.1)
Last updated on NOVEMBER 25, 2020
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Transportation Management - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When the MOT preference (34) is set up based on Sold/Ship To and All items and Multiple Order consolidation is activated then during order entry the preference does not appear to get resolved before the order has been consolidated to an existing shipment. That means the MOT is populated based on the existing shipment instead of the preference value. When the MOT preference is set up specific for an item or item group and customer then the MOT is populated based on the preference, thus creating a new shipment.
Steps to Duplicate:
- P49002 Transportation constants set to Multiple Order consolidation
- Set up MOT preference (34) for Customer and All items
- Enter Transportation order and populate MOT different than what is used in preference
- Enter 2nd order for same requested date but leave MOT blank to be populated by preference
- Note that preference was not resolved and 2nd order was consolidated to 1st shipment
- Set up another preference record specific to customer and item or item group
- Enter another order for same requested date and blank MOT to be populated by preference
- Note in this case preference is resolved and new shipment is created
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document