E1: 07Y: R8907863 (1099-R Flat File) B Record has incorrect information in Positions 7-10
(Doc ID 2757564.1)
Last updated on MARCH 03, 2021
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne US Payroll - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
The IRS file format for the 1099-R B record states Position 7-10 is for Name Control and the field description states:
"if determinable should be the first four characters of the last name of the person whose TIN is being reported in positions 12-20 of the "B" record.
Otherwise, enter blanks."
The item help however for the "Payer Name Control" field on the Year end Mag Tape build which populates record B positions 7-10 says:
"A value obtained from the mailing label on the 1099 materials that the IRS mails to most payers on record each December.
When the name is fewer than four characters, left-justify the name and then fill the unused positions with blanks.
If you do not know your Payer Name Control code, leave this field blank.
Currently when a value is entered in the "Payer Name Control" field on the Mag Tape build, that value is replicated in position 7-10 of all B records which is incorrect.
1. From the Year end Workbench (P07910) Process Year End Workfile to Create 1099R
2. Select your Year-End ID then go to row exit and select Mag Media Setup then 1099
3. From the EFW2/EFW2 State Electronic Filing Setup/Build Revisions form under the 1099 tab, enter a value in the "Payer Name Control" field, fill the rest of the fields as needed and submit.
4. Go out to you Export folder, find and review the created flat file.
5. Notice that the value entered in the "Payer Name Control" is the same for all employees in their B record positions 7-10
6. Per IRS this field; when determinable, should be the 1st 4 characters of the last name of the person whose tax ID appears in positions 12-20.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document