E1: 42: Using Blanket Release (P42011) to Release a Blanket Order with a Detail Line Attachment Creates Duplicate Text Attachments on the Generated Sales Order with Sales Order (P4210) Processing Option Set To Copy Associated Text
(Doc ID 2772182.1)
Last updated on APRIL 27, 2021
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Sales Order Management - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
A blanket order is created with a detail text attachment. When the Sales Order (P4210) version called by Blanket Release (P420111) indicates a value of 2 (Copy Line and Order Text) in the Copy Associated Text processing option the resulting Sales Order is created with two duplicate detail line text attachments.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- In P4210 for Blanket Orders create a blanket order with a detail line text attachment.
- Create a P4210 version (TEST) where, on the Duplication tab, option 4. Copy Associated Text, is set to 2 = Copy Line and Order Text.
- In Blanket Release (P420111) indicate the P4210 version TEST.
- In P420111 inquire on the order created with the detail attachment.
- Select the order, release all or a portion of the quantity.
- Generate the sales order. Note the SO document number.
- In P4210 inquire on the SO document.
- Note the detail attachment shows the text attachment twice.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document