E1: 42: 73: Order Address (P4006) from Sales Order Entry (P4210/P42101) Always Returns GeoCode to Sales Order Header (F4201) in Vertex Sales & Use Tax Enabled Environment
(Doc ID 2774323.1)
Last updated on MAY 06, 2021
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Sales Order Management - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In a Vertex Active environment, a customer master for a Ship To and Sold To address is set up with blank values in the Tax Explanation Code and Tax Rate/Area values. In Sales Order Entry (P4210) the Tax Explanation Code is retrieved from the Sold To address. The Tax Rate/Area is retrieved from the Ship To address.
When sales order is entered and an address override is required, the Order Address form (P4006) retrieves the GeoCode for the address and returns the value to the Sales Order Header (F4201). If the user clicks OK three errors are displayed because the Tax Explanation Code is blank. The errors displayed are:
- Tax Explanation Code Invalid (Error ID 0748)
- Tax Expl For Vertex Tax Area Invalid (Error ID 4999)
- Tax Area Invalid (Error ID 0272)
If the user notices the GeoCode value is populated the user can clear the field and no error are displayed.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps in a Vertex Sales & Use Tax enabled environment:
- In the Customer Master (P03013) locate a customer with tax explanation code blank and tax rate area blank.
- In Sales Order Entry create the sales order header with the customer in the Ship To and Sold To fields.
- Click Ok then take the Form exit to Order Address.
- In Order Address (P4006) populate an alternate order address.
- Click Ok to return to the Sales Order Header.
- Note the Tax Area/Code is populated with a GeoCode value. The GeoCode corresponds to the override address.
- Click Ok and note the following errors display because the tax explanation code field is blank. The tax rate/area and tax explanation code values work together. Either both must be populated or both must be blank on a transaction.
Tax Explanation Code Invalid (Error ID 0748)
Tax Expl For Vertex Tax Area Invalid (Error ID 4999)
Tax Area Invalid (Error ID 0272)
Note: A review of the Vertex Constants (P7306) shows the U.S. Country Code value is US. If the address book record for the customer indicates US in the Country Code then the value of US is populated in the Order Address form. The GeoCode value is then retrieved from the address corresponding to the Order Address and populated in the Sales Order Header.
If the address book record for the customer indicates blank in the Country Code, a blank value is populated in the Order Address form. Then the GeoCode is not retrieved from the address corresponding to the Order Address. The GeoCode is not populated in the Tax Area/Code field on the Sales Order Header.
The GeoCode is retrieved in P4006 when the U.S. Country Code value matches the address book country code. When the values match US and US or blank and blank the GeoCode is retrieved. When the value do not match US and blank or blank and US then the GeoCode is not retrieved.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document