E1: 31P: Manufacturing Accounting (R31802A) Does Not Create IC Journal Entries for All MFG TASKS / WOS
(Doc ID 2800377.1)
Last updated on AUGUST 18, 2021
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Engineer to Order - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
For some work orders generated through ETO Workbench for manufacturing shippable tasks, Manufacturing Accounting UBE does not create IC journal entries. However, the IC journal entries are created correctly for sub-assembly work orders and for all IM and IH journal entries, irrespective of the parent level within the multi-level ETO structure.
This occurs for standard costing (07) or actual costing (09) project-specific parent items, with or without job cost integration.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- P4101 / P41026 - Create 2 project specific parent items (St Ty = G, Ln Ty = S and SC, respectively).
- P3002 / P3002 - Create BOM and Routing for both project specific parent items.
- R30812 / R30835 - Simulate and Freeze the costs for all project specific items.
- P30026 - Review the Costs Components for all items within the BOM structure.
- P31P001 - Create an ETO Project with 2 manufacturing shippable tasks using the above project-specific parent items.
- P31P001 - Process both manufacturing tasks.
- P31P001 - Select the first manufacturing task (WO) and take 'Mfg Parts List' option from 'More Task Actions' drop-down menu, create related purchase orders for all project specific purchased components / alternatively run PRP to create messages and process those messages to create related OP orders.
- P31P001 > P3111 - Repeat the above step for the second mfg task / WO.
- P4312 - Receive both OP orders and see that WO Parts List are updated correctly with the lot/serial numbers assigned during PO receipt.
- P31P001 - Select the first manufacturing task / WO and take 'Mfg Issues' option from 'More Task Actions' drop-down menu to report material issue transactions for the first WO. Repeat the same step for the second shippable work order.
- P31P001 - Select the first manufacturing task (WO) and take 'Mfg Hrs Quantities' option from 'More Task Actions' drop-down menu and report hours and quantities for first work order. Repeat the same step for the second manufacturing task.
- P31422 - Update the time entry transactions.
- P31P001 - Select the first manufacturing task (WO) and take 'Mfg Completions' option from 'More Task Actions' drop-down menu and do work order completions for the first work orders. Repeat the same step for second WO.
- BV: R31802A - Run the UBE for first WO and notice that only the IH and IM journal entries have been created, although the printed output of the UBE shows the message "No Errors Occurred. Batch Is ready For G/L Post". No IC JEs have been generated against the fist WO, which will generate incorrect Other Variances and WIP Account values.
- P31022 - Review the Production Costs for the first work order and notice that the field Actual Units (Alias: CLUN) for A1 Cost Type is blank. Also, both Completed Units (Alias: CPUN) and Completed Amount (Alias: CPAT) buckets are blank for all cost types.
- BV: R3180A - Run MFG Acct for second WO and notice that all IC, IH and IM journal entries have been created.
- BV: R31804 - Run the UBE and close the first WO. The system creates IV JEs for Other Variances.
- BV: R31804 - Run the UBE and close the second WO. There are no IV journal entries created, as there are no existing variances for this WO. This is correct.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document