E1: 42: Invalid Product Allocation Preference Error 3780 Prior To Exceeding the Quantity Limit in Setup -P40307 /P4210
(Doc ID 2831087.1)
Last updated on MARCH 09, 2022
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Sales Order Entry - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
If transacting in CS for an item where the primary UOM = EA, in Sales Order Entry with Preference Product Allocation Preference and PA hold set up, the sales order will send warning error 3780 - Product Allocation Error Quantity Over Limit, Line will go on hold. This occurs on the first order if exceeding half of the quantity (qty) limit set up in the preference. Ex. Qty Limit = 170, qty 86 or over invokes error / qty 1-85, no errors / Save the order and enter a second SO, preference allocation pref works as expected with no errors until over the qty limit = 170. All values in the Preference set up are calculating correctly.
STEPS TO REPRODUCE
1. Create Item (P4101/P41026) with EA as primary and transacting in CS, 1 CS=10 EA
2. Set up Product Allocation Preference P40307) for Item (uom = CS)and Customer - qty limit = 170, Note: Half of 170 = 85
3. Set Preference Selection(R40400) Process Cntl tab for Product Allocation = 1
4. No other preferences set up in R40400 including no inventory commitment Pref flagged in in SO Entry P4210
5. Set SO Entry P4210 for PA hold and set to not check availability. Default CS as trans UOM
6. Enter SO for item x in CS, qty of any value 1-85 CS and no error is invoked. This is correct as the qty limit on product allocation set up = 170 CS.
7. Now enter qty = 86+ CS, receive error 3780 Product Allocation warning and states the order will go on PA hold. Save the order.
8. Additionally, if enter an extra couple orders for qty 1-84 CS, no error is received up to the qty limit on the preference set up. If you enter qty 86 CS, which is one over the qty limit = 170, the order goes on PA hold accurately.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document