E1: 34: MRP/MPS Detail Message Processing - R3411 Calculates WO Planned Effective Date (Alias: DPL) Incorrectly When the Parent Item is Defined with Manufacturing Effective Days Value
(Doc ID 2858710.1)
Last updated on MARCH 28, 2022
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Requirements Planning - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When processing MRP messages through R3411 - MRP/MPS Detail Message Processing for manufactured items having Manufacturing Effective Days defined in the Lot Processing tab of the Item Branch record, the system creates the work order header with an incorrect Planned Effective Date (F4801.DPL), calculated based on the Manufacturing Effective Days value rather than respecting the Recommended Effective Date defined in the MRP messages, if those messages are either imported or manually entered.
The greater the Manufacturing Effective Days value, the bigger the gap is between the WO Planned Effective Date generated via R3411 and the Recommended Effective Date defined for the respective planning message.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- P4101 / P41026 - Define 1 parent item (Stk Ty = M, Ln Ty = S); in the Lot Processing tab of the Item Master / Item Branch set the Manufacturing Effective Days value to e.g. 5 days.
- P3411 - Manually create one MRP planning message for the above item:
- Msg Typ = O - order
- Required Quantity = 1 EA
- Or Ty = WO
- W.O. Status = 10
- Start Date = December 6
- Request Date = December 7
- Effective Date = December 8
- W.O. Status = 10
- Recmd'd Start Date = December 6
- Recmd'd Complete = December 7
- Recmd'd Effect. Date = December 8
- R3411 - Process the MRP message
- P3411 - Review the MRP message and note the Order Number generated for the WO
- P48013 - Both WO Start Date = December 6 and WO Requested Date = December 7 are correct, based on the dates defined in the MRP message. However, the WO Planned Effective Date = December 13 is calculated by adding the number of days defined in the Item Branch - Manufacturing Effective Days (5 days) to the WO Requested Date, although the Recommended Effective Date defined on the MRP message was December 8.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document