E1: 43: Supplier Catalog (P41061) Does Not Populate Short Item Number in Supplier Price/Catalog File (F41061)
(Doc ID 2860309.1)
Last updated on APRIL 04, 2022
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Procurement and Subcontract Management - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When using Supplier Catalog Maintenance (P41061) to create a new non-stock item that does not currently exist in the Item Master (F4101) the Short Item Number is not populated in the Supplier Price/Catalog File (F41061). This causes a problem during PO Entry (P4310) because the Item Cost cannot be retrieved from the Supplier Price/Catalog File (F41061).
The client reproduced the issue with the following steps:
- Setup processing options for Supplier Catalog Maintenance (P41061)
- Item Master Creation Processing = 1 (allow the creation of an Item Master Record but issue a warning)
- Stocking Type = N (Non-stock)
- Line Type = B (Item Number & Account Number Required)
- G/L Class = NS40
- Select any supplier and catalog already entered.
- Select the row to display Supplier Catalog Revisions.
- Go to the last line and enter an item number that is not already in the item master.
- Note the warning message is displaying correctly on the form.
- Save the change accepting the warning message.
- This will return to the Work with Supplier Catalog form.
- Filter again for your supplier and catalog.
- Note that the item exists in the catalog with the 2nd and 3rd item number populated but the short item number is not populated on the Supplier Catalog Screen.
- Check Item Master (P4101).
- The Short Item Number is populated on the Item Master (P4101) screen.
- Create a new purchase order for the supplier in any branch plant.
- On the Order Detail form take the form exit to catalogs and select the FASTENER catalog on the Search and Select Form.
- The item just created is not displayed in the Catalogs - Item Selection Screen
- That is because the short item number has not been populated into the item catalog (F41061) table.
- Enter the item on it’s own into the Order Detail grid
- The description is retrieved but not unit cost from the catalog.
- Again this is because the short item number is not populated in the F41061 supplier catalog table.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document