E1: BSFN: ER Compare Not Opening 64 bit Business Function Source Code and Copy Right Not Saved in Tools 126.96.36.199
(Doc ID 2875806.1)
Last updated on MARCH 13, 2023
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Tools - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Customer working on retrofitting many C BSFNs using a 188.8.131.52 development fat client for an upgrade from 9.2 Update 1 32-bit to 9.2 Update 6 64-bit.
When doing ER Compare for C bsfn, ER Compare is trying to load the 32-bit source for the source environment even though target environment is fully 64-bit and no longer uses 32-bit code. As a result, error "Specifications for the object are not present in the selected location" is shown on screen if the source path code only has 64-bit source. When the source has both 32-bit and 64-bit, 32-bit file is opened at the left side. Local specification at the right hand size shows correct 64-bit code.
Debug log shows this
STEPS TO REPRODUCE
1. Sign in to DV920, check out C BSFN, open the C BSFN in ER Compare
2. Compare against another Pathcode like PD or par file that has both 32-bit and 64-bit source file (mixed bitness)
3. Notice that when comparing to mixed bit par file the code shown at the left is 32-bit and not 64-bit, by seeing items like "sizeof" instead of "jdesizeof".
4. Attempt to copy a line from the source (left) to target (right) and click Save.
5. Exit out of ER Compare and open again. Notice the line copied in step 4 is not on the right.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document