E1: Retainage Can Be Over Released in Invoice Billing Line Revisions (P52221) When Using the Retainage Adjust Button Instead of Retainage Release
(Doc ID 2896190.1)
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 14, 2022
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Contract and Service Billing - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When the Adjust button is selected in the Retainage Type Selection in Invoice Billing Line Revisions (P52221), the system will allow a release that exceeds the total amount retained.
1. Create Contract (P5201) with Retainage Rule assigned to contract Master.
2. Create a Type ‘T’ billing line (P5202).
3. Cross Reference the T line to a billable account on the job.
4. Process transactions against the billable account (P0901) and post.
5. Run Workfile Generation (R48120) to pull transactions into billing workfile.
6. Run Invoice generation (R52121).
7. In Batch Review (P48221), find the batch and take the row exit to Create A/R.
8. Return to Batch Review and take the form exit to Create Batch.
9. Form exit to create a new invoice.
10. After the system creates the invoice, select the record in Work with Invoices.
11. Drill into Invoice Billing Line Revisions (P52221) and click on the Retainage tab. In the Retainage Type Selection, make sure that the Adjust button is selected; enter an amount that would exceed the allowed amount. Notice that the system does not create an error.
12. Test the issue where the Release button is selected in the Retainage Type Selection. Notice that the system will display a “Retainage Amount Exceeded” error (171A) if the retainage amount to be released is greater than the total amount retained.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document