E1: 07: Need Capability To Enter Marital Status For Multiple States in Employee Tax Overrides (P060120)
(Doc ID 2907175.1)
Last updated on NOVEMBER 03, 2022
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne US Payroll - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Marital Status codes and state income tax calculations in Vertex vary from state to state. However employees who work in multiple states may want to use a different marital status code depending upon what state they work in.
For example a Utah based employee has Marital Status M (Married Full) on the National Fiscal Data screen but when they work in California, they want state taxes taken out for Marital Status H (Head of Household) which is at a different rate.
Steps to Reproduce:
- Find an employee and review National and Fiscal Data - USA (P0801US)
- State is Utah and Marital Status M (Married Full)
- Employee wants state taxes taken out for Marital Status H (Head of Household) when they work in California
- Review the Employee Tax Overrides (P060120) screen.
- They can add a row for State of California income taxes but there is no Marital Status Code field in the available grid columns.
- Employees preference for Marital Status H (Head of Household) cannot be entered in Tax Overrides.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document