E1: 52: Creating A/R (P48221/R48199) for Retainage Adjustment Creates Zero Entry on AAI RCRETN for Default Comapny 00000
(Doc ID 2920374.1)
Last updated on JANUARY 11, 2023
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Contract and Service Billing - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
After creating a retainage adjustment with tax explanation code V and Retainage Control Flag = 1 (Deferred), upon running the Create A/R batch (R48199), the system will create an out of balance journal entry for the IB batch. The debit side will miss the tax portion. The same problem does not occur when creating a retainage release.
1. Create a Contract Master (P5201) with Retainage Rule, Retainage Offset and Control Flag = 1 (Deferred Tax), Tax Explanation Code = V and a valid Tax Rate/Area.
2. Create a U (Unit Price) Billing Detail Line (P5202).
3. In Batch Review (P48221), create a batch manually, then create an invoice (P48222/P52121).
4. Enter invoice amounts (P5222/P52221) with retainage.
5. Create A/R (P48221 calling R48199).
6. Post the to G/L (R09801).
7. Create a new manual batch and invoice.
8. Create a retainage adjustment (P52RR).
9. Set the version of Create A/R Entries (R48199) called from Batch Review to use the Automatic G/L Post Version option.
10. In Batch Review, select the record and row exit to Create A/R.
11. Notice that the system produces a R09801E report showing the invoice batch is out of balance. The debit side does not have the tax portion.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document