WS: 77: World Leg/Reg Enhancement For Canadian F5_PREV 2023 Also Known As Canada 2023 CPP Enhancement Phase 1
(Doc ID 2932397.1)
Last updated on MARCH 03, 2023
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Canadian Payroll - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Vertex Payroll Tax was adjusted to accommodate:
- New F5 deduction
The new F5 deduction is treated as a calculated deduction against the taxable wages, so you do not need to pass in a Deduction ID and amount. Instead, the deduction is calculated based on available data.
- K2 formula changes
- K2 reconciliation for employees that transfer in or out of Quebec
The following output-only forms were added to the Vertex® Payroll Tax Q Series® 4.4 Forms Guide:
- CANADA.F5 – Deductions for Canada Pension Plan additional contributions for the pay period
- CANADA.F5A – Deductions for Canada (or Quebec) Pension Plan additional contributions for the pay period deducted from the periodic income, if a non-periodic payment exists
- CANADA.F5B – Deductions for Canada (or Quebec) Pension Plan additional contributions for the pay period deducted from the non-periodic payment
These forms return the calculated values of F5, F5A, and F5B. The following input-only form was added to the Vertex® Payroll Tax Q Series® 4.4 Forms Guide:
- CANADA.F5_PREV - Pass in this form when you use the Previous Aggregation method. You must use the F5 value passed on the output form of the most recent regular wage payment as the input value for this new form. The presence of this value enables the Vertex tax engine to set the previous wages appropriately. Vertex created these forms because the effective data needed to be updated to handle the F5/F5A/F5B deduction.
Note - Canadian 2023 Taxes require Vertex release 4.4.7
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document