E1: ORCH: When Testing Orchestration using P42101 Form Request it Stops On Duplicate PO Warning Message and Does not Continue to the Next Step
(Doc ID 2934101.1)
Last updated on MARCH 14, 2023
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Tools - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Customer created an Orchestration where they are calling the P42101 - Sales Order Power Form to add and process Sales Orders.
During testing, whenever a Warning message occurs due to Duplicate Customer PO, the Orchestration stops processing instead of proceeding thru the warning message.
Steps to Duplicate
- In E1, turn on Record a Process
- Go into P42101 and add a new order where fields included are Customer PO number along with other required fields.
- When pressing Save and Continue, see Warning Message on screen regarding duplicate Customer PO number.
- Press Save and Continue again to proceed with creating the Sales Order
- End the recording and Save the form service request (FSR)
- Login to Orchestrator Studio and open the FSR and see on the second step of the FSR that the Save and Continue button appears 2 times.
- When testing with this FSR using the Studio test client, a hard error will occur on screen and the Sales Order is not created.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document