E1: 43: Need Ability to Automatically Notify an Originator, Buyer and Supplier When a Purchase Order is Canceled
(Doc ID 2950510.1)
Last updated on MAY 22, 2023
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Procurement and Subcontract Management - Version 9.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
The client needs a way to configure an automatic email or work center notification to be sent to an originator, buyer or the supplier address book number when a purchase order is canceled.
The test below confirms that the desired feature is not available:
- For this test User ID JWXXXXXX Address 59 will be used as both Originator and Buyer (P0092-User Profile)
- Address Book 59 is setup in address book to receive email notifications (P01111 - Email/Internet Revisions)
- Reviewing the Purchase Order Entry (P4310) processing options, there is no Notification Tab or Cancellation Tab to allow a user to specify that email notifications can be sent to one of the following upon order cancellation:
- Send cancellation notice to PO Originator Email (Y/N)
- Send cancellation notice to Buyer Email (Y/N)
- Send cancellation notice to Supplier Email (Y/N)
- Create a Purchase Order (P4310 – PO Entry) under User ID JWXXXXXX and enter Address 59 as the Buyer for the PO.
- Purchase Order Header Inquiry (P4310) shows that the Purchase Order was originated by User ID JWXXXXXX and the buyer is Address Book Number 59 which belongs to User ID JWXXXXXX.
- Sign out of User ID JWXXXXXX and sign in as User ID JHXXXXXX
- User ID JHXXXXXX finds the order that was entered by User ID JWXXXXXX and takes the Row Exit to Detail Revisions.
- User ID JHXXXXXX takes the Row Exit to Cancel Line.
- Save the order after cancelling the PO
- Originator/Buyer checks email inbox.
- No email was sent notifying the Originator/Buyer about the cancellation.
- Sign in as Originator/Buyer (JWXXXXXX)
- Check Work Center.
- There was no notification message sent to the PO Originator/Buyer regarding the cancellation.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document