WS: 42: P4242 'SALES ORDER PRICING' Processing Option Set = Blank Performs Advanced Pricing Adjustment When it Should Use Cost As Price
(Doc ID 2776240.1)
Last updated on JULY 01, 2021
Applies to:JD Edwards World Sales Order Management - Version A9.4 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
The P4242 processing option is not using cost as price when a related Advanced Pricing Adjustment is found. It is performing the price adjustment when it should not be doing so.
The P4242 SALES ORDER PRICING processing option #34 provides the following 3 options:
• Enter a '1' to use the cost plus any transfer cost markups for the sales order price.
• Enter a '2' to use the Base Price file (F4106).
• If left blank, the cost alone will be used to price sales order lines.
If the processing option is left blank, it should use the Cost value of the item from the F4105 or F41061 as the Unit Price (UPRC) on the ST and the price (PRRC) on the purchase order (OT). The program is broken and it checks for Advanced Pricing setup. If it find set up; it is used instead of the F4105 / F41061.
Steps to replicate issue:
- Item Master P4101 showing item set with 2 in Purchasing Price Level meaning it will use the F41061 cost.
- Item Base Pricing P4106 is defined for the item at $10.00/EA
- Item Cost P4105 is defined for the item as Method 07, value $5.00
- P41061 Supplier/Item Price for the Address Book #’s involved in the Sales Transfer Order are set with specific values for the Item/Address Book number (AB#) and differ from the F4105 cost.
- Advanced Pricing Schedule containing multiple adjustments is defined in P4070 - Price and Adjustment Schedule.
- Review P4071 - Price Adjustment Definition – a related basic discount or override price adjustment exists.
- Review P4072 - Price Adjustment Detail for this adjustment. for example, to take off 30% of the base price for the EA unit of measure.
- Review P4206 - Customer Billing Instructions (CBI) for the P4242 'To Branch' Address Book number to verify the Adjustment Schedule is attached to the related AB#.
- Transfer Order P4242 Pro Opt #34 set = Blank to use cost as price.
- Create an ST/OT order using this version of P4242 w/ pro opt #34 = blank.
- Inquire on the ST/OT order created in P4242.
- Press F13 to review the ST sales order header where you see the Adjustment value is populated as expected. (Note: Even though the intent is that the adjustment is not used, it should still default into the order from CBI.)
- Press Enter to go to the detail screen. Press F4 to open the fold where you will see the $5.00 Cost is pulling in correctly. But you can see that the pricing does not look correct or as expected, it is not $10.64 as expected ($10.64 is the F41061 price for To Branch AB#).
- Use Option 11 on the detail line to see the P4074W where you can see that an adjustment was performed.
- The adjustment should NOT be performed on this order. The cost of the item should be the PRRC on the purchase order (OT). Additionally, it should also be the price (UPRC) Unit Price on the ST order based on the processing option setting of blank.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document