A Page Created with the 3 Column Template With E-Mail/Events on the Third Column shows a Horizontal Scroll bar when using IE 7
(Doc ID 1060947.1)
Last updated on MARCH 07, 2019
Applies to:Oracle WebCenter Portal - Version 126.96.36.199.0 to 188.8.131.52.0 [Release 11g]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When creating a new page in WebCenter Spaces using the three column layout,
and adding an Events or Email component into the far right column, it causes horizontal scrolling in IE 7.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Login to WebCenter setup with Email.
- Click on Group Spaces and navigate to an existing Group Space or Create a new one.
- Expand Page Actions and select Create Page using the three Column template.
- Click the "add content" in the Composer for the far right column and add the Events and/or Email components.
- Save and close the page to view it.
- Click the "Login to Mail" link and do login to the email.
- View the Page using Internet Explorer 7.
It will show an horizontal scroll bar at the bottom of the page.
It is less than 1/2 inch that can be scrolled using that scroll bar. But the email has also another scroll bar in the right side that can't be seen unless you move the bottom horizontal scroll bar to the right.
This horizontal scroll bar shows even when the IE window is maximized.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document