Last updated on NOVEMBER 03, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Coherence - Version: 3.3.0 to 3.5.2 - Release: to AS10g
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Following the steps below this behavior can be oberved:
- Start a storage enabled node
- Start a cache client (let's call it "client 1")
- Do a put on the NearCache
- Do a get of the recently put entry key --> it is returned OK
- Shutdown the storage enabled node (if you try to do a put after the storage enabled node shutdown, then you will get a "storage is not configured" error)
- Do a get of the recently put entry key --> it is returned OK again (despite there are no storage enabled nodes running on the cluster)
- Startup a storage enabled node again
- Do a get of the recently put entry key --> it is returned OK again
- If you had another client node (let's call it "client 2") before shutting down the storage enabled node, it will keep the entry put on step 3.
- If you add a new client (let's call it "client 3") to the cluster after step 7 and try to do the get of the key put on step 3, then you will get a null value, which is not the same value contained by clients 1 and 2, which means that it's an incoherent (inconsistent) near cache.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms