Errors Creating Portals with New Users after Configuring WebCenter Portal with OID: No Matching Users were found with Search String
(Doc ID 1068449.1)
Last updated on OCTOBER 21, 2019
Applies to:Oracle WebCenter Portal - Version 220.127.116.11.0 to 18.104.22.168.0 [Release 11g]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
After configuring WebCenter Portal with Oracle Internet Directory (OID), new users receive the following error when attempting to create a portal:
The main error is - No matching users were found with search string myuser.
You may want to delete the current group space if it is visible in your lists.
Contact the administrator if the problem persists.
Try accessing the group space from the ''Group Space menu'' or ''My Group Spaces''.
If the group space is not listed, refresh the list in ''My Group Spaces''.
If the group space is still not visible, report the error to your administrator.
Creating a portal as weblogic user works.
Steps to Reproduce:
- Configure WebCenter Portal with Oracle Internet Directory as indicated here.
31.1 Reassociating the Identity Store with an External LDAP Server
Oracle® Fusion Middleware Administering Oracle WebCenter Portal
11g Release 1 (22.214.171.124.3)
- Access WebCenter Portal and register a new user.
- Login with the new user to WebCenter Portal.
- Create a new Portal.
Here the error should occur.
- Accessing OID to search the new user doesn't show the new user was created in OID.
- Accessing the WebLogic Console to check the user, it shows the user was created with the "DefaultAuthenticator" rather than the "OIDAuthenticator" provider.
- Login to the WebLogic Console.
- Navigate as follows:
+ Security Realms
- Click on the "Users and Groups" Tab.
- Navigate in the "User" table and find the new user.
- Here it shows it was created with the "DefaultAuthenticator" rather than the "OIDAuthenticator" provider.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!