dcmctl Fails With [Ldap Error Code 49 - Invalid Credentials] After OID Replication Configured
(Doc ID 1088933.1)
Last updated on APRIL 12, 2021
Applies to:Oracle Internet Directory - Version 10.1.2.0.2 to 10.1.4.3 [Release 10gR2 to 10gR3]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
DCM operations are failing on the Oracle Internet Directory (OID) replica node after configuring OID replication with error:
ADMN-202046 'Unable to establish connection to the Oracle Internet Directory Server. [LDAP: error code 49 - Invalid Credentials]'
Example command and error output:
The OracleAS Repository API threw an exception when obtaining the connect string to the Metadata Repository
Check the exception thrown by the Repository API for resolution information.
Some common causes of this problem are as follows:
OID is not running or unavailable
the ias.properties file is misconfigured with incorrect OID connection information
OID permissions are incorrectly defined
Unable to establish connection to the Oracle Internet Directory Server
ldap://<OID_HOSTNAME>:<LDAP_NONSSL_PORT>/. Base Exception : javax.naming.AuthenticationException: [LDAP: error code 49 - Invalid Credentials]
DCM operations are successful when run on the Supplier/Primary OID node.
The problem is specific to the new replica or Remote (Consumer) Site (RMS) node.
Steps to reproduce
1. Install Supplier/Primary OID. This instance/node may have been running for some time before it was decided to replicate the environment.
2. Install second OID on another server using a different database and standard OID-only installation option.
3. Configure OID replication according to the documentation:
Oracle Internet Directory Administrator's Guide 10g (10.1.4.0.1)
220.127.116.11 Task 3: Set Up Oracle Database Advanced Replication for a Directory Replication Group
4. Verify replication between the nodes is working.
5. Attempt to install an Identity Management patchset or run any DCM operation that connects to OID and get error:
ADMN-202046 'Unable to establish connection to the Oracle Internet Directory Server . [LDAP: error code 49 - Invalid Credentials]'
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document