Last updated on JULY 01, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Internet Directory - Version 10.1.2.0.2 to 10.1.4 [Release 10gR2 to 10gR3]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When a user attempts to edit their own email address in the Edit My Profile screen in Oracle Portal, the following error message is received:
Cannot modify : [LDAP: error code 50 - Insufficient Access Rights]
Steps to reproduce:
1. Log in to OIDDAS as orcladmin, navigate to Configuration > User Entry > Step 2 of 5 (Configure User Attributes)
2. Ensure that the Self Editable checkbox is checked for the 'mail' attribute;
i.e., so now selected items are: Required, Viewable, Self Editable; UI Type: Single line of text
3. Complete the remaining steps of the wizard.
4. Log out of OIDDAS
5. restart OC4J_SECURITY (opmnctl restartproc process-type=OC4J_SECURITY)
5. Log in to Portal as a user, navigate to Edit My Profile and attempt to modify the email address;
Cannot modify : [LDAP: error code 50 - Insufficient Access Rights] error message is received.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms