OVD 10g Loses Connection To Backend Directory Without The Primary Directory Going Down
(Doc ID 1262529.1)
Last updated on OCTOBER 29, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Virtual Directory - Version 10.1.4 to 10.1.4.3.0 [Release 10gR3]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
- Oracle Virtual Directory loses connections to the backend ADAM (Active Directory Application Mode) server. In this case, the OVD adapter is configured to failover to 4 ADAM servers
- After a period (e.g., 15 min) with no operations sent to OVD, an operation sent to the adapter fails to reach the primary ADAM in the adapter list of remote servers, and it then fails over to the next backend server
- This happens even when OVD has completed an ADD or MODIFY operation to the primary ADAM recently (e.g., 2 seconds earlier)
- Connections to the primary ADAM are successful
- The vde.log shows that OVD is not waiting for 2.5 minutes ("Operation timeout") to try to make connection with remote LDAP server:
- The logs show that the Heartbeat thread detects that the backend LDAP server is alive just a few seconds afterwards
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document