What Needs to be Shared when Setting up a UCM Instance on a Shared Drive?
(Doc ID 1289424.1)
Last updated on MAY 24, 2017
Oracle WebCenter Content - Version 7.5.1 and later Information in this document applies to any platform.
UCM is installed on a windows server and the disk drive in which it is installed on, is currently shared to all users. The Goal now is to lock the installation down for security reasons.
The documentation recommends that the application process running the Content Server needs enough rights to read/write/delete/update files and directories it requires to operate. This is primarily in the installation, vault, and weblayout directories. But since our specific security policy requires us to lock down the environment, we need to know spefically what can or cannot be shared in order for the UCM instance to function properly.
For this installation, the following security configuration questions are:
1. If users are authenticated via Active Directory, does the UCM instance directory need to be shared for Active Directory to work?
2. What is the default directory setting for a content server installation to work?
3. Does the drive need to be shared with the ID that was used to install the application at a minimum?
4. What types of situations require you to share the drive that the UCM instance is installed in?
5. If you don't share a drive that the UCM instance is installed in , can users still read, write and delete documents.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms