Master Note for Troubleshooting Oracle Reports REP-501 Error Message
(Doc ID 1296849.1)
Last updated on NOVEMBER 12, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Reports Developer - Version 6.0.8 and later
Oracle Forms - Version 6.0.8 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
- rwclient with Secure Password Wallet
- Reports Builder
- cgicmd.dat file related
- tnsnames.ora corruption
- Using Externally Authorised User (OPS$)
- Using AUTHID parameter
- Reports Server Windows Specific version 6i
- Windows Specific 11g
- Only running reports request on the web
- NLS_LANG environment variable related
- SQL*Net Related
- RDBMS related
- Known issue from 9.0.4.x to 10.1.2.2 fixed in 10.1.2.3
- Known issue in 11g version
- Forms Related
- Passwords with Special Characters
Before proceeding, please perform a quick test by attempting to connect to same user and same database using SQL*Plus.
Reports 12c Example:
1. Set your environment by using sourcing reports.sh:
2. Try to connect using sqlplus:
(where user/password@db is the same connect string used in your call to Reports)
3. If it works, then your connect string is okay. Please proceed to Actions section below for further troubleshooting.
4. If it fails, then it is not an Oracle Reports issue. The connection must work with SQL*Plus before it can work with Oracle Reports.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document
|REP-501 Unable To Connect To Specified Database|