Last updated on NOVEMBER 07, 2012
Applies to:Oracle WebCenter Portal - Version 126.96.36.199.0 to 188.8.131.52.0 [Release 11g]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Portletrequest.getRemoteUser(), Portletrequest.getUserPrincipal() and Portletrequest.isUserInRole() return NULL value in WebCenter PS3.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Install WebCenter Suite 184.108.40.206 or above.
- Create a simple JSR 286 portlet.
In the doView method of the portlet class make a call to any of the following APIs and output it to System out:
- Build the portlets and deploy them as a WSRP producer to the WC_Portlet managed server.
- Register the portlet producer with WebCenter Spaces.
- Login to WebCenter Spaces and place the portlet on a page.
Review system output.
You will see the above APIs return NULL value.
Upgraded a Producer application from WebCenter PS2 to PS3 or higher.
This was working fine in previous release.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms