Primary Note on WebLogic Server Scripting Tool (WLST) Usage, Sample Scripts and Known Issues
(Doc ID 1319823.1)
Last updated on DECEMBER 19, 2022
Applies to:Oracle WebLogic Server - Version 8.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In addition to the Support Patterns listed in this document, you can get additional information at these locations:
WebLogic Server Community in My Oracle Support
Oracle Fusion Middleware Oracle WebLogic Scripting Tool
Oracle Fusion Middleware WebLogic Scripting Tool Command Reference
The information contained in these support patterns targets WebLogic Server (WLS) administrators. You can use this information when looking for ways to automate management tasks, such as upgrade, deployment, and configuration.
These notes address how to set up, start up, configure and use the WLST. Some of the scripts can be combined and adapted to suit particular needs.
- How to Disable the Exception Stack Trace in a WebLogic Scripting Tool (WLST) Python Script <Note 1316108.1>
- Customizing WebLogic Server (WLS) Domain Template Log File Settings with WLST Fails <Note 1311344.1>
- How to rotate WebLogic Server (WLS) logs to avoid large files using WLST <Note 1315012.1>
- How to access PendingRestartSystemResources in ServerRuntime View via WLST <Note 1306719.1>
- Can We Monitor Cluster Drop-Out Frequency In WebLogic Server using WLST? <Note 1319823.1>
Sample WLST Scripts and Commands
These notes provide scripts or WLST commands for performing various configuration, validation, and other tasks.
- WebLogic Scripting Tool (WLST) Script to Get WebLogic Server (WLS) Patch Levels <Note 1303767.1>
- How To Delete JMS Messages from a Queue with the WebLogic Scripting Tool (WLST) <Note 1303092.1>
- Deploying an Application using Production Redeployment Strategy with WebLogic Scripting Tool (WLST) <Note 1066336.1>
- How to create Credential Mappings for a WebLogic Server Datasource using WLST <Note 1302826.1>
- How To Use WLST to Generate Report to Monitor WebLogic Servers <Note 1311303.1>
These notes describe known issues with their resolution.
- WLST Failed Authentication at connect() when stopping WebLogic Server <Note 1293284.1>
- Java.lang.OutOfMemoryError in WebLogic WLST Remote Deploy Command <Note 1085667.1>
- Ignoring the trusted CA certificate warnings when connecting to Node Manager using WLST nmConnect() <Note 1320530.1>
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document
|Sample WLST Scripts and Commands|