When Properties Is Disabled In Document Manager Taskflow, There Is No Option To Maintain Item Level Security
(Doc ID 1337814.1)
Last updated on MARCH 16, 2019
Applies to:Oracle WebCenter Portal - Version 220.127.116.11.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In a WebCenter 18.104.22.168 Installation, when using the Document Manager Taskflow, the following problem is encountered :-
If the 'Properties' Feature is disabled, then it is NOT possible to maintain the item level security on the folder. This is because the Item Level Security Options are visible on the Properties link.
The expectation is that if the properties is disabled the following should occur :-
1) no properties option
2) Item Level Security at folder level should be still available
Steps to reproduce :-
0. Enable Item Level Security
22.214.171.124 Configuring Oracle Content Server 11g to Support Item Level Security in All WebCenter Applications
Create Space and Page and see default behavior
1. Create Space
2. Create page in the space and add Document Explorer Task Flow
3. Upload a file, then click on the file and see that the option to view/edit the properties is available, then the option to edit the Security is available for the file from the File Menu.
4. Create a new folder, then click on the folder and see that the option to view the properties is available, then the option to edit the Security is available for the folder from the File Menu.
Disable the Edit Properties feature
5. Edit the Document Explorer Instance, and set the "Features Off" flag to "properties" -- This should disable the properties link according to docs.
Oracle® Fusion Middleware User's Guide for Oracle WebCenter Spaces
11g Release 1 (126.96.36.199.0)
Part Number E10149-06
42.2.1 Document Explorer Task Flow Parameters
6. Save and Close.
7. Attempt to change the ILS for the file/folder
a) Click on the file uploaded and see that the option to view the properties is NOT available, so there is no way to get to the Security Option
b) Click on the folder created and see that the option to view the properties is NOT available, so there is no way to get to the Security Option
41.25 Setting Security Options on a Folder or File
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document