Workflow Items Are Released If They Have dInDate In The Past
(Doc ID 1347749.1)
Last updated on MAY 22, 2020
Applies to:Oracle WebCenter Content - Version 10.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
A content item is checked in that goes immediately into a criteria workflow, and during checkin, the the dInDate (Release Date) as the default (current date and time). Then, the content items is updated, and its metadata dInDate is changed to that of a future date (this makes revision 2 of the item). After approving/releasing item from the workflow, the revision 1 (old item) gets picked up and published live only because it has the dInDate in the past. Is it possible to stop old revisions being released from the workflow (i.e. can the release date be ignored somehow)?
1. Create a simple workflow (in our case it has 2 steps)
2. Check in an item that will meet the criteria and go into the workflow when checked in. Leave the dInDate (Release Date) as default.
3. Then check out the item, upload a new version of the file, change the metadata dInDate (Release Date) to a future date (e.g. 1 day ahead) and check it back in (this will create revision 2 of the item)
4. Then approve the item in the workflow from the workflow admin page
5. In Repository manager you will see that revision 1 has Revision Status 'Released' and Indexer status 'Current' i.e. the old revision has been released/published, and the new revision has the status Done/New.
### Workaround ###
making sure to provide the release date in future the first time the item is being checked in. however, users sometimes forget this and it can become quite critical.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document