Localization Changes Are Not Maintained after Modified via System Properties Application
(Doc ID 1357263.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 26, 2019
Applies to:Oracle WebCenter Content - Version 184.108.40.206.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Steps to reproduce - essentially, following the steps defined in section 220.127.116.11 "Date Format" of the "Oracle® Fusion Middleware System Administrator's Guide for Content Server 11g Release 1 (11.1.1)":
1. Start the System Properties application.
2. Select the tab labeled "Localization".
3. Select/highlight the desired Locale (for this example, selected English-US)
4. Select the "Enable" button.
5. Using the "Edit" button while a desired locale is selected, change the "Display Date Format" and other "Extra Date Parse Formats" to desired values.
6. Select the OK button to save, and the Cancel button to then close the application.
7. Restart WebCenterContent or Webcenter Content: Records Managed Server (including all member cluster node instances - if applicable) either via commandline or WebLogic Admin Server.
8. Via web browser, login to the WCC or WCCREC as any valid user.
9. Navigate to the User's Profile via selecting the upper right user name hyperlink.
10. Change Locale to one of those recently enabled above.
11. Perform a open Quick Search
12. Select the "i" (DOC_INFO) icon for any returned content item.
13. Take note that the date listed as a value for "Release Date" does not use the localization changes performed above.
Enabled and modified new Localizations and their dates.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document