User Cannot Navigate To Parent Directory Or Any Other Document From Breadcrumb Trail
(Doc ID 1364942.1)
Last updated on MARCH 20, 2019
Applies to:Oracle WebCenter Portal - Version 184.108.40.206.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
***Checked for relevance 14-MAR-2013***
In a WebCenter 220.127.116.11 installation, using the "Get a Link" option for a document, from the document explorer task flow, is not giving the expected results.
It is displaying the document OK, but the breadcrumb trail is not working correctly to allow onward navigation.
eg if there is a folder containing a document, the following is seen
Breadcrumb is :-
Clicking on the link to the folder myuserSpaceFolderCreated , and the contents of the folder are NOT displayed as expected, but the current page is simply refreshed.
Steps to reproduce
Pre-requisites :- Create a space, add document explorer taskflow, add new folder - myuserSpaceFolderCreated , go to the new folder and add a document in the new folder - testdoc.txt
1. Go to the new space where the doc explorer taskflow was added eg http://myhost:port/webcenter/spaces/myuserSpace/Home
2. Click on myuserSpaceFolderCreated in the DOCUMENT EXPLORER and the list of documents in the folder is displayed
3. Click on the testdoc.txt link and the document is displayed.
4. Click on myuserSpaceFolderCreated in the breadcrumb trail in doc explorer and the list of documents in the folder is displayed -- this is as expected
5. Click on the line for testdoc.txt then click on View -> Get a link and get the link for this document
6. In my case it is :-
Download URL http://myhost:port/webcenter/content/conn/WebCenterSpaces-ucm/path/WebCenterSpaces-Root/myuserSpace/myuserSpaceFolderCreated/testdoc.txt
7. Paste the Direct URL into a browser and the document is displayed
8. Click on myuserSpaceFolderCreated in the breadcrumb trail, and nothing happens - this is the problem
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document