URL Parameters Cannot be Passed to Task Flows from Resource Catalog
(Doc ID 1390672.1)
Last updated on MARCH 08, 2017
Applies to:Oracle WebCenter Portal - Version 22.214.171.124.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Trying to pass a URL Parameter value to a custom task flow added to the Resource Catalog does not work.
Passing the same URL Paramater value to the same task flow works fine from the Navigation model.
Steps to Reproduce
The steps are the same as in the following blog:
1. Create an ADF Fusion project with a simple task flow that takes an input parameter (p1) and displays it
2. Deploy the task flow to a JAR file
3. Create a File System IDE connection to the container folder of the JAR file
4. Create a new WebCenter Portal application with all the default settings
5. Open the default-navigation-model.xml
6. Drag and drop the task flow from the IDE connection to the root of the default-navigation-model
7. Add a new URL Paramater with the following details:
Value: Param through Link
8. Execute the page
9. Click on the newly added link in the navigation
and notice that the task flow appears and displays the following parameter value as expected:
Param through Link
So far so good.
10. Open the default-catalog.xml
11. Drag and drop the task flow from the IDE connection
12. Add a new URL Parameter with the similar details as for the navigation link:
Value: Param through RC
13. Execute the page
14. Edit the page with CTRL+Shift+E
15. Click on Add Content to bring up the resource catalog
16. Add the custom task flow
17. Notice that the task flow does not display anything, so the parameters does not get initialized through the resource catalog, which is not expected!
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!