Last updated on NOVEMBER 03, 2016
Applies to:Oracle WebCenter Content - Version 220.127.116.11.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Using WebCenter Content 18.104.22.168.0 on Linux
When a refinery job expires on the Content Server side, the document entry is removed from the "refineryjobs" table. But the job remains on the Inbound Refinery. This is causing the Inbound Refinery conversion queues to grow, and the IBR temp directory ("vaultTempDir" variable in the intradoc.cfg) to run out of space.
There are several refinery jobs that expire every day. This results in tempdirs running out of disk space in the IBR, and stopping conversion of documents.
The behaviour can be reproduced by manually expiring jobs:
- Configure Content Server (CS) to convert Word documents into PDF using PDFExportConverter
- Check-in a new Word document
- The document gets transferred to the Inbound Refinery (IBR) for conversion
- While IBR converts the document, go to Administration -> Refinery Administration -> Conversion Job Status, and manually expire the conversion job in Content Server
- IBR finishes the conversion successfully, and places the resulting conversions into the VaultTempDir
- However since the job has been expired by CS, CS does not reconnect to the IBR to pull the converted document from IBR, hence the file remains there.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms