How to Use a Relative Path for Background Image in a Page Skin
Last updated on MARCH 08, 2017
Applies to:Oracle WebCenter Portal - Version: 22.214.171.124.0
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Would like to define the "background image" for a skin to the relative path instead of using absolute path.
Steps to reproduce the behavior:
1. Upload an image to WebCenter Spaces (documents tab) that you can use as background image.
2. Get the download link for this file (for example, the download URL is: http://servername:8888/webcenter/content/conn/WebCenterSpaces-ucm/path/PersonalSpaces/weblogic/image1.PNG.
3. In Spaces, navigate to Administration -> Resources -> Skin.
4. Create a new skin (can copy from one of the existing).
5. Select a Skin -> edit dropdown-> edit option.
6. Set the "background image" using the relative path for the image. For exampe: /webcenter/content/conn/WebCenterSpaces-ucm/path/PersonalSpaces/weblogic/image1.PNG. This does not display the image.
7. Set the "background image" using the absolute path for the image (http://servername:8888/webcenter/content/conn/WebCenterSpaces-ucm/path/PersonalSpaces/weblogic/image1.PNG). This displays the image.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms