How to Questions on Coherence Cache Querying/Indexing/Sorting?
(Doc ID 1444068.1)
Last updated on AUGUST 29, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Coherence - Version 3.6.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
***Checked for relevance on 04-July-2017***
Here are answers to some common questions on Coherence cache querying, indexing, and sorting.
- Is indexing a one-time execution or should it be performed for every get()/getAll call?
- Is indexing applied or updated automatically when a new put() & putAll() call occurs? Or should reindexing be performed?
- If any storage node(s) is lost, do the backup nodes, which acquire the role of providing the data, reindex automatically or update the index OR should the index be performed again?
- In the event of any lost data, is the index still intact? What's the impact on losing data or storage nodes on the index?
- Does indexing happen at Distributed Cache Service level or at Partition level?
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!