Last updated on MARCH 08, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Access Manager - Version 220.127.116.11.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Oracle Access Manager (OAM) 11g has been configured with a custom authentication plugin. However when attempting to perform OAM SSO login to access a resource which references the custom authentication plugin, authentication is failing.
The custom plugin code has references to classes in external jar file(s). The custom plugin jar MANIFEST.MF file includes references to these packages in the Import-Packages entry.
The OAM Managed Server logs show an error similar to the following when OAM SSO login is attempted:
Copying the jar file(s) that contain the external classes to any/all of the locations below does not resolve the issue.
Steps to reproduce
1. Create a custom authentication plugin which imports classes from a separate jar file.
2. Upload, Distribute and Activate the plugin in OAM Console plugins page successfully.
3. Create an OAM Authentication Module that references the custom authentication plugin.
4. Create an OAM Authentication Scheme that references the Authentication Module.
5. Modify the Protected Resource Policy in the WebGate application domain to reference the new Authentication Scheme.
6. In a new browser session, access the protected resource.
7. The OAM login page is displayed.
8. Submit credentials: an OAM page is displayed with red message 'System error. Please re-try your action. If you continue to get this error, please contact the Administrator.'
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms