Drilldown Fields In Search Results Do Not Appear To Be Sorted
Last updated on FEBRUARY 05, 2018
Applies to:Oracle WebCenter Content - Version 126.96.36.199.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Using WebCenter Content 11g
The order in which the drill down attributes are displayed in the 'Filter By Category' bar seems to be random. Even though the attributes have been defined with a specific order in the Configuration Manager applet, this order does not seem to be used when displaying the attributes.
The attributes seem to be displayed in a random order.
Attributes should be displayed according to the order of the metadata attribute, as defined by Configuration Manager.
Steps to reproduce
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Ensure OracleTextSearch is used as search engine
- Start the Configuration Manager applet
- Add a few more metadata fields (for example 10, name A to K).
Specify following order for the fields: A=5,B=9,C=1,D=3,E=7,F=2,G=10,H=8,I=1,J=6,K=4
- Click on Advanced Search Design, and set fields A,B,H,K to be category filter (select "Is a Filter category")
- Click on Update Database Design
- Click on Rebuild Search Index
- Select Options -> Publish Schema
- Check in several new documents with various values for fields A, B, H, K
- Perform a search
-> Notice the order of the category filters displayed in the Filter by Category Bar seems to be random.
For example, the fields are displayed in the order A, B, H, K instead of K, A, H, B.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms