WebCenter ‘mail-mini-view ‘ Taskflow Gives JSP Error Page
Last updated on NOVEMBER 22, 2016
Applies to:Oracle WebCenter Portal - Version 188.8.131.52.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Checked for Currency 03-Feb-2014
In a custom WebCenter portal application in Oracle WebCenter 184.108.40.206 the out-of-the-box “mail-mini-view” taskflow has been used to expose email functionality.
Following chapter: 35 Integrating the Mail Service of the Developers Guide that shows how to integrate the Mail service in a WebCenter Portal application:
- The e-mail taskflow was integrated successfully and it displays the correct list of the user’s email. The user is also able to open the email, which is displayed in a popup window.
- The problem is that when a user tries to click any action in the top menu bar “Reply, Reply all, Forward, etc” the email message disappears and an JSP error page is shown (inside the popup windows that showed the email).
Steps To Reproduce:
- Add the email taskflow to the page (at runtime) from the resource catalogue.
- Click login on the email porlet.
- The emails are shown.
- Open a random email by clicking on it, message shows in popup.
- Click on “Reply”.
- JSP error is displayed:
java.lang.IllegalStateException: <f:view> was not present on this page; tag
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms