TopLink Grid Patching Problems
(Doc ID 1489910.1)
Last updated on MARCH 19, 2019
Applies to:Oracle TopLink - Version 126.96.36.199.0 to 188.8.131.52 [Release Oracle11g to 12c]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Oracle® Fusion Middleware Using ActiveCache
11g Release 1 (10.3.5)
Part Number E16517-03
chapter 4 Accessing and Retrieving Relational Data
there are three ways to use TopLink Grid:
- Application Server Scoped Coherence Cluster
- EAR Scoped Coherence Cluster
- WAR Scoped Coherence Cluster
Each of these ways results in challenges when applying TopLink Grid patches.
Although TopLink Grid can be patched using one of the following methods, these are not optimal solutions and can lead to different problems:
- Patch TopLink Grid Library using Standalone TopLink Product.
- Package TopLink Grid Library along with the application.
- Conflicting classes between inclusion of TopLink Grid Library in application and Smart Update patch results in unknown issues.
- Missing Patch Inventory Information.
- Manual copy error possibility.
- Manual Process.
- Needs TopLink Standalone product installation along with WLS installation.
- Repackage and distribute application for each new patch.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document