How to Apply the License File (license.cfg) for Universal Content Server Products
(Doc ID 1490160.1)
Last updated on MARCH 13, 2020
Applies to:Oracle WebCenter Content - Version 5.0 to 7.5.2 [Release Stellent]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
This article provides a license.cfg file and information on how to apply the license to Universal Content Server (UCM) products.
With the installation of the Universal Content Server product a demonstration license is installed. The demonstration license allows a limited number of check-ins. Full operation of the Universal Content Server, and use with add-on products, requires the application of a full license or the installations of the appropriate patchset <Patch 6314542> for 7.5.2 or <Patch 6314547> for 7.5.1.
The Content Server registration procedure described in the installation guide is no longer required. Instead of using the Register Online procedure, the procedure described in this article is used to install a Content Server license.
Select one of the following methods to apply the license.
Method 1: Manual registration using a browser
1. Start the Content Server
2. Connect to the Content Server web site using a browser and login with a user account that has administration privileges.
3. Click on the Registration link in the Administration menu.
4. Click on the Register Manually button.
5. Enter the values from the license.cfg file for Feature Code and Signature:
Feature Code: M200102
Signature: ACEP 99XK 6K6C G9DP
6. Click the Update button.
Method 2: Copy the license file to the file system directory
1. Download the attached file: ucm_license_bundle.zip
2. Extract the content to a location of your choice. You will have the following files:
a. Locate the configuration directory for the Universal Content Server instance, for example:
b. Move the existing license.cfg file to another name as backup.
c. Copy the new license.cfg file into the directory, for example:
3. Restart the Content Server.
4. Test that the license was successfully installed by confirming you can conduct a search using the Content Server and do not receive an error.
Method 3: Install Recommend Patches for Content Server 7.5.1 and Content Server 7.5.2
1. Download <Patch 6314547>.
2. Read the readme.htm that comes with the patch for important information and installation instructions.
3. Install the component bundle on the content server.
4. Restart content server.
The 751Update component which is part of the patch, disables the license check for the content server, thereby nullifying the need for a valid license in order to have a working content server.
How to Check what License is Installed
1. Launch a browser and log-on to the Content Server with as a user with admin rights.
2. From the Content Server home page, click Administration and then Registration.
3. Examine the settings shown for Serial Number, Feature Code, and Signature.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document
|Method 1: Manual registration using a browser|
|Method 2: Copy the license file to the file system directory|
|Method 3: Install Recommend Patches for Content Server 7.5.1 and Content Server 7.5.2|
|How to Check what License is Installed|
|For More Information|