Last updated on MARCH 08, 2017
Applies to:Oracle WebCenter Portal - Version 188.8.131.52.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Navigation gets broken intermittently in Spaces right after restart. It is not clear what triggers the issue.
The issue is specific to navigation objects that come from a page query. Navigating to Page links works fine.
The issue occurs even in a brand new Space, with all the default navigation, skin, template and Resource Catalog settings.
It was concluded that the issue happens when accessing the navigation first before Spaces after restart. The navigation is implemented by a custom Portal using REST calls to the navigation in Spaces.
The issue seems to only occur when the navigation uses a Subspace query that retutns at least 1 Space.
Restarting Spaces solves the problem.
Steps to Reproduce
1. Login to Spaces as Administrator
2. Create a new Space (i.e. TestSpace)
3. Create a new SubSpace in TestSpace (i.e. SubSpace)
4. Click on Administration
5. Click on Resources
6. Click on Navigations
7. Click on Create
8. Specify a name and click Create
9. Select Edit -> Show for the navigation
10. Select Edit -> Edit to edit the new navigation
11. Add a new Spaces Query
12. Specify the Space that you created with a subspace (TestSpace) on the
Target with the help of the magnifier icon
13. Click OK
14. Click on Preview
15. Open the Spaces Query and make sure it displays the SubSpace
16. Click OK to Save the navigation
17. Click on About for the new navigation model
18. Click on * next to Metadata file to get the full path
19. Copy the full path without the .xml ending (i.e.
/oracle/webcenter/siteresources/scopedMD/s8bba98ff_4cbb_40b8_beee_296c916a23ed/navigation/gsr9f2f0208_59cc_48a7_8723_8566adc8d948/Navigation) and paste it
to an editor
20. Restart Webcenter
21. Clear the following from your browser:
Offline Website Data
22. Navigate to /rest/api/resourceIndex Authenticate as weblogic
23. Obtain utoken from the xml response (i.e.FMxljkFtDWjW6vflmJ96zywo5fR3_w**)
24. Build the rest navigation url in form of:
PLACEHOLDER Example Value
(carefull should not end up in .xml)
25. Navigate to rest navigation url (i.e.
26. Navigate to /webcenter
Notice that the Activities page of the Home Space appears, but there is no
visual indication (i.e Activities is not with Blue background colour) about
the current page. This is already part of the problem
28. Empty alert should shows up when clicking links in the navigation, no
matter if in the home space or in the Root spaces that was created or
29. From now on, the dynamic navigations will just display a blank popup and
they will not work until a Spaces restart
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms