Last updated on NOVEMBER 19, 2016
Applies to:Oracle WebCenter Portal - Version 126.96.36.199.4 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In Webcenter FrameWork Portal Application, View mode changes are not persisted across session when moving components between regions.
There are 2 regions on the page. When component are moved within the same region, logout and login changes are persisted.
Move component to another region , logout and login , The component is not in the new region. It is back to the original region indicating the changes are not saved to MDS.
The issue can be reproduced as follows:
1. Create a WebCenter Framework Portal Application from JDeveloper
2. Run the Application : index.html
3. Login and go to Administration
4. Create a Page with style: Left Narrow
5. SHOW the Page (checkBox)
6. Edit the Page
7. On left region: Add Content - Web Development - Text.
8. On left region: Add again : Add Content - Web Development - Text.
9. Edit the BOTH the Text component properties: Display Header: true
10. Enter some text in each component say : Top and Bottom
10. View the Page ( Lets say is shows TOP then BOTTOM)
11. Swap the components within the same region (move Top to below Bottom), so you it shows BOTTOM then TOP
12. Log out and login.....View the Page. it still shows BOTTOM then TOP.
13. Move Top to the right region.
12. Log out and login.....View the Page. It still shows BOTTOM and TOP, in the left region. Expected to see TOP in right region.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms