OWB 188.8.131.52 Validation Hangs For Expression Object After Using Expression Editor
(Doc ID 1517591.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 06, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Warehouse Builder - Version 184.108.40.206 to 220.127.116.11 [Release 11.2]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
OWB 18.104.22.168 hangs when validating an expression using Expression Editor after editing it.
1. Connect to the OWB Design Center
2. Open a mapping with an expression
3. Select expression operator
4. Click on output group attribute
5. In the property inspector - open up the expression editor and modify the expression (click on '...' - do not edit inline)
6. Close the expression editor using the "OK" button
7. DO NOT SAVE MODIFICATIONS
8. Push the "Validate" button (the one on the OWB client toolbar) to validate the mapping... Validation hangs.
- If you edit the expression directly in the property inspector (replacement for step 5 above) - and follow the rest of the steps - the hang does not occur.
- If you commit the edit (replacement for step 7 above) - the hang does not occur.
- If you validate before performing the test case above, then perform the steps, the hang does not occur.
- In order to terminate the OWB client during the hang, you will need to CTRL-C from the console window.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document