BPM Tasklist Taskflow View Filter Not Working In WebCenter Spaces
Last updated on NOVEMBER 19, 2016
Applies to:Oracle WebCenter Portal - Version 184.108.40.206.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
*** Checked for Relevance 19-JUL-2013***
The BPM Task List taskflow Parameter "View Filter" is not used by WebCenter Spaces when it renders a page. Instead the taskflow renders with the default "inbox" view rather than a specific custom view.
The BPM Task List taskflow is available after you extend a WebCenter Spaces domain to include the Process Spaces according to this document:
Oracle Fusion Middleware Patching Guide 11g Release 1 (11.1.1) Part Number E16793-07
5 Patching Oracle WebCenter
5.6 Task 6: Add New Features to Oracle WebCenter
5.6.1 Enabling Process Spaces in a Patched Domain
You can also configure the Task List taskflow with the parameter "View Filter" with the View ID of a specific custom view in BPM. This is documented here:
SYMPTOM: Filters for the task list are removed when the task list is refreshed.
POSSIBLE CAUSE: Because an inbox is not a persisted view, filters set on it are removed when rendering the page again or refreshing the task list.
POSSIBLE SOLUTION: Instead of setting filters on the task list, create a user view with the required set of filters and pass the viewId of that view as the value of parameter ViewFilter. This makes that view the default view of the task list.
Oracle Fusion Middleware Administrator's Guide for Oracle SOA Suite and Oracle Business Process Management Suite 11g Release 1 (220.127.116.11.3) Part Number E10226-16
B Troubleshooting Oracle SOA Suite and Oracle BPM Suite
B.4 Human Workflow Troubleshooting
B.4.15 Oracle BPM Worklist/Task Region Issues
Table B-16 Troubleshooting Oracle BPM Worklist/Task Region Issues
Unfortunately, when you do this, the Task List taskflow always loads with the default Inbox BPM view rather than the view that you specify in the "View Filter" parameter.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Start with an environment that has WebCenter Portal Spaces and SOA integrated.
2. Extend the WebCenter domain to include the Process Spaces.
3. In the BPM Workspace, create a new User View that is different from the default Inbox worklist view.
4. In WebCenter Spaces, create a new group space based on the BPM process template.
5. In the new group space create a new blank page.
6. On the new blank page, add the Task List taskflow.
7. Configure the Task List taskflow so that the View Filter parameter is the View ID of the User View your created in step #3 above.
8. You can obtain the View ID by exporting the user view for migration using a migration.properties file and the ant -f ant-t2p-worklist.xml command.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms