Last updated on NOVEMBER 05, 2016
Applies to:Oracle WebLogic Server - Version 10.3.6 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When shutting down a WebLogic Server Cluster, is possible to get core dumps for the related JVMs. The logs complain that a JDBC resource can't be found, although it exists on the console and in the config directory:
The problem occurs when using a Oracle RAC as backend and multidatasources are configured to point to the Database Back End.
Steps to reproduce are listed below:
- Create a cluster with 2 managed servers.
- Create a datasource and use this data source for tlog.
- Create a JMS server on each managed server with JDBC persistence.
- Create a distributed topic.
- Deploy an MDB to cluster with the distributed topic target.
- Send a sample message to the topic and see if the MDB is executing.
- Gracefully shut down the server - it will not shut down because the MDB is still active.
- Try force shutdown. It will hang for a while, go to critical state, and die.
- If you have node manager the server will restart automatically.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms