Metadata indexing failing with error "ORA-12899 or ORA-904" resulting in content items stuck in GenWWW after changing Metadata field type
(Doc ID 1560366.1)
Last updated on JANUARY 05, 2021
Applies to:Oracle WebCenter Content - Version 22.214.171.124.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
After changing the metadata field type of an existing field ( Text to Long Text, or Text/Long Text to Memo), The following two cases are seen:
- Case 1: if changed to long text, indexing the associated content fails with ORA-12899 and the item becomes stuck GenWWW status.
- Case 2: if doing indexer fast rebuild after Case 1, indexing a content fails will fail with ORA-904 and it still stuck in GENWWW status.
The issue can be replicated with following steps
1. On Configuration Manager applet, edit an existing field and change the field type.
(e.g. Text -> Long Text)
2. Click [Update Database Design] to apply the change to repository database.
3. Then, check in a content with the long text value to changed field
(For example in case of changing the type from Text to Long Text,
setting 31 chars or more (e.g. "aaaaaaa010aaaaaaa020aaaaaaa030aaaaaaa040aaaaaaa050"))
4. Checking the content information after check in
--> It stays GenWWW status and showing error "Indexing aborted on this content item." (NG: Case-1)
--> When the issue occurs, Content Server log shows the following error
This symptom occurs after changed type of an existing field, e.g. Text -> Long Text
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document