OAM 11g: When Incorrect Password Attempts Exceed DefaultRetryLimit, OAM Redirects to "Failure URL"
(Doc ID 1571525.1)
Last updated on APRIL 26, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Access Manager - Version 220.127.116.11.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
After login attempts with incorrect password exceeds DefaultRetryLimit configured in oam-config,xml, should OAM redirect to "Failure URL" configured in Protected Resource Policy or the "Password Service URL" in the Password Policy ?
- Authentication Protected Resource Policy is configured with "Failure URL".
- Protected Resource Policy is configured to use PasswordPolicyValidationScheme
- PasswordPolicyValidationScheme uses "Password Policy Validation Module" which invokes UserPasswordPolicyPlugin in UserPasswodStatus Step.
- Password Service URL is as "/oam/pages/pswd.jsp" (Default)
- oam-config.xml file has DefaultRetryLimit set to 5
- max attempts is password policy is set to 5 as well.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!