Search Api Only Works When Searching For Strings In Lowercase
(Doc ID 1588659.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 27, 2019
Applies to:Oracle WebCenter Sites - Version 184.108.40.206.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Search page is not returning enough results that is expected, eg a search term "BC12" doesn't return results but a search term "bc12" does although the Content asset that hold the data has the word "ABC1234".
For example in Sites 220.127.116.11.1, FirstSiteII:
1. create a Content asset, and set the Headline field to "ABC1234"
2. in Admin tab -> Search -> Configure Asset Type Search screen, enabled the
3. in Admin tab -> Search -> Configure Attributes for Index, enabled the
FSIIHeadline attribute for the Content_C index
4. search for the asset with the following code
5. searchstr = "BC12" and searchfield = "FSIIHeadline", 0 results found
6. searchstr = "bc12" and searchfield = "FSIIHeadline", 1 asset found
7. searchstr = "BC12" and searchfield = "DefaultSearchField", 0 results found
8. searchstr = "bc12" and searchfield = "DefaultSearchField", 1 asset found
This testcase shows the search api only works when searching for strings in lowercase.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document