HTTP Request With POST Data is not sent by Oracle API Gateway (OAG) to the backend WebService
Last updated on AUGUST 21, 2017
Applies to:Oracle API Gateway - Version 11.1.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
An OAG 11.1.2.x policy has been defined for threat content filtering. This then routes the HTTP request to backend Web Service.
Intermittently, POST data is not sent by OAG to the backend Web Service. This causes a timeout to occur and backend Web Service to return a failure message.
The policy being used in this case is configured using the following steps:
- A Connect to URL filter was included to route the request to the backend Web Service.
- The request is sent to OAG with POST data, e.g userName=john
- The Threat check filter gets passed.
- The Connect to URL filter routes the request to the backend Web Service but a timeout error and failure response is encountered.
- The trace from the gateway at DATA level reveals that, even though OAG routed the request, the POST data was missing from the request.
- The logs demonstrate that this issue occurs inconsistently, with no changes made to the OAG configuration or the request sent to OAG. Sometimes it works, other times it does not.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms