'The User Is Not Authorized To Access This Service' Error when authenticating to the console
(Doc ID 1622497.1)
Last updated on JULY 10, 2020
Applies to:Oracle Enterprise Single Sign-On Suite Plus - Version 126.96.36.199.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
***Checked for relevance on 21-NOV-2019***
When attempting to authenticate to the Provisioning Gateway management web console
the following error occurs; 'The user is not authorized to access this service'.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Install IIS role on Microsoft Windows Server with pre-requisites mentioned in the following topic
2. Install ESSO-PG server.
3. Set the required permissions for this PMSERVICE account on the LDS as described in
5. Set anonymous user login for both ESSO-PG console and webservices with a domain admin privileged account..
6. Set permissions for the anonymous user on LDS
7. Login to the PG-Console
8. Save the password of webservices service account and the LDS storage details... the console automatically logs off and redirected to login page
9. Try to login using the admin account that were used to set above configuration... but it fails with the above error
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document