OPSS - Unable To Start Managed Server getting JPS-06514: Opening of file based keystore failed error
(Doc ID 1642808.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 25, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Platform Security for Java - Version 22.214.171.124.0 to 126.96.36.199.0 [Release Oracle11g to 12c]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
After following the next steps:
- Install the product on Box1.
- Install the product on Box2.
- Create the domain on Box1, Admin Server on Box1.
- Create the managed server on Box2.
- Run the pack command on Box1.
- Move the jar to Box2 and run the unpack command.
- Start the Admin Server on Box1 - Running fine and able to login to console.
- Start the managed server on Box2, using startManagedWebLogic.cmd ManagedServername t3://Box1:<Admin port>
The managed server is not able to start with the following error message:
On Box1 the US_export_policy.jar and local_policy.jar in the JDK/ jre/lib/security folder had been updated and these files had not been updated on Box2.
Then the cwallet.so was created using the above files on Box1 when using the unpack command on Box2 the cwallet.so file is unable to be decrypted using the US_export_policy.jar and local_policy.jar on that server.
The issue is due to the different US_export_policy.jar and local_policy.jar in the jre/lib/security folder on Box1 and Box2.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document