OPSS - Unable To Start Managed Server getting JPS-06514: Opening of file based keystore failed error
(Doc ID 1642808.1)
Last updated on AUGUST 13, 2021
Applies to:Oracle Platform Security for Java - Version 126.96.36.199.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
After following the next steps:
- Install the product on <WL_HOST_SERVERNAME1>.
- Install the product on <WL_HOST_SERVERNAME2>.
- Create the domain on <WL_HOST_SERVERNAME1>, Admin Server on <WL_HOST_SERVERNAME1>.
- Create the managed server on <WL_HOST_SERVERNAME2>.
- Run the pack command on <WL_HOST_SERVERNAME1>.
- Move the jar to <WL_HOST_SERVERNAME2> and run the unpack command.
- Start the Admin Server on <WL_HOST_SERVERNAME1> - Running fine and able to login to console.
- Start the managed server on <WL_HOST_SERVERNAME2>, using startManagedWebLogic.cmd ManagedServername t3://<WL_HOST_SERVERNAME1>:<WL_ADMIN_PORT>
The managed server is not able to start with the following error message:
On <WL_HOST_SERVERNAME1> the US_export_policy.jar and local_policy.jar in the JDK/ jre/lib/security folder had been updated and these files had not been updated on <WL_HOST_SERVERNAME2>.
Then the cwallet.so was created using the above files on <WL_HOST_SERVERNAME1> when using the unpack command on <WL_HOST_SERVERNAME2> the cwallet.so file is unable to be decrypted using the US_export_policy.jar and local_policy.jar on that server.
The issue is due to the different US_export_policy.jar and local_policy.jar in the jre/lib/security folder on <WL_HOST_SERVERNAME1> and <WL_HOST_SERVERNAME2>.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document